Tips On How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint is very cooling to the body, so it can be used in warm weather mixed with water in a spray bottle.
- This oil is quite strong and may be diluted with good quality vegetable oil when applied to sensitive skin. Using it on stomach can feel soothing and settling.
- Diffusing peppermint in a diffuser energises the mind and gives a boost to concentration. This is why it is a great oil to use when studying or working, or when driving long distances.
Peppermint will refresh the breath if you put one drop on the back of your hand and then lick it. This may require getting used to since it is very powerful and strong. It is an instant mouth refreshener!
How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil In Cooking
Young Living Peppermint essential oil is part of the Vitality oils and Culinary oils. It can be used in cooking and baking. It will make a heavenly choc-peppermint slice or home-made raw peppermint chocolate.
- Adding a drop of peppermint in your water will uplift and give a boost of energy in the afternoon. This is more powerful than coffee to keep you awake after lunch.
- It is also great aid for your digestion. Drinking a glass of water with a drop of peppermint oil may also curb the appetite and help you resist having the chocolate cake!
- Add a drop or two in your smoothie for an instant pick-me-up and peppermint flavor.
Choc-Peppermint Slice Recipe
125 g/ 4oz butter
160 g/ 6oz dark chocolate broken to small bits
1 C sugar
1 C gluten-free plain flour
1/3 C raw cacao
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
2-4 drops of Vitality Peppermint Essential Oil
Preheat oven to 180°C / 365°F and line a slice pan with baking paper. Melt the butter and half of the chocolate pieces together in saucepan or in double boiler until just melted. Beat eggs lightly and mix in with sugar to chocolate mixture. Stir in flour, cacao and baking powder, add rest of the chocolate pieces.
Carefully add Peppermint essential oil drops, one at a time, tasting to achieve your preferred minty flavor. Spread mixture to pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Leave moist, don’t over bake. When cooled down, you can sprinkle with icing sugar or extra cacao before cutting and serving.
Properties Of Peppermint
Peppermint Essential Oil is cooling, purifying, stimulating, energizing, refreshing; curbs appetite, aids concentration, alertness and memory.
Peppermint is a highly regarded digestive stimulant. – Jean Valnet, MD