What Is Normal Stress?
Stress can be defined as a mental, emotional or physiological response to factors we are exposed to in our environment. Stress typically describes a negative state of mind that can have an impact on our mental and physical well-being.
Modern life is full of hassles, work deadlines, frustrations, and demands by family and society. For many people, stress is so commonplace that it has become a way of life.
How Essential Oils Can Relieve Occasional Stress?
The brain plays a critical role in the body’s perception of and response to stress. The amygdala is a small, “almond”-shaped structure located bilaterally, deep within the medial temporal lobes of the brain and is a part of the brain’s limbic system, with projections to and from the hypothalamus, hippocampus, and locus coeruleus. Thought to play a role in the processing of emotions, the amygdala has been implicated in modulating stress response mechanisms, particularly when feelings of anxiety or fear are involved.*
Essential oils have an effect on the limbic system of the brain and therefore they can be used for stress relief as well as emotional support.
Stress Relief With 7 Essential Oils
Using these essential oils or oil blends, as well as good nutrition, it is possible to get rid of anxious feelings, irritability and stress. These essential oils are by Young Living, because their oils have an exceptional quality guarantee, they are therapeutic grade, 100% pure and safe to use on skin. The oils helpful in stress relief are Peace & Calming, Believe, Surrender, Lavender, Release, Acceptance and of course Stress Away.
1. Peace & Calming™ Essential Oil Blend
Peace & Calming promotes relaxation and emotional well-being. It may calm overactive children before bed time or even in school environment.
Peace & Calming is a blend of
- Blue Tansy – helps to overcome anger and negative emotions
- Nutmeg – is powerfully stimulating and energising
- Patchouli – stimulates the limbic system of brain, is grounding, relaxes the mind, and helps center the emotions
- Rosewood – grounding, strengthening, relaxing and empowering
- Cinnamon bark – attracts abundance and releases malice and spite
- Ginger – is energising and uplifting
- Sage – purifying, healing and releasing negative emotions
To apply Peace & Calming, it can be diffused, inhaled or used in bath water. Dilute with vegetable oil to apply to skin if any irritation occurs. Good places to apply are heart, thymus and wrists or bottoms of feet.
It is sun-sensitive, so don’t apply to areas of skin that will be exposed to sun within 24 hours.
2. Believe™ Essential Oil Blend
Believe blend has steadying, balancing effect on emotions, helping to overcome feelings of despair and move beyond them to a higher level of awareness. It helps to release the unlimited potential everyone possesses, making it possible to experience health, happiness and vitality more fully.
Believe is a blend of
- Idaho Balsam Fir – opens emotional blocks, gives feeling of strength and inner peace
- Rosewood – grounding and stabilizing to those with emotional stress
- Frankincense – elevating to mind and helping to overcome stress and despair
Diffuse, in bath, use behind ears, third eye, wrists, chest, ankles or throat chakra.
Not sun sensitive, so it can be used on face! But it is always recommended to skin test on inner arm all essential oils before applying on other areas of skin.
3. Surrender™ Essential Oil Blend
Surrender is calming, soothing, it helps quiet troubled hearts so that negative emotions can be released. It may help return feelings of equilibrium and inner strength. It helps one surrender aggression, stress and tension are released when we surrender willfulness.
Surrender is a blend of
- Lavender – calming, overcomes nervous tension and chaotic energy
- Roman Chamomile – combats restlessness
- German Chamomile – promoting peace and harmony, creating a feeling of security
- Angelica – calms emotions, helps to let go of negative feelings
- Mountain Savory – stimulating and energising
- Lemon – invigorating, calming and reassuring
- Spruce – grounding and balancing, releases emotional blocks
This blend is sun-sensitive, apply under clothing if you are planning on being out in the sun during 24 hours. Apply on chest, neck, along ear rim, solar plexus, diffuse, inhale or put in bath water.
4. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender is naturally antiseptic, it is soothing, refreshing, calming. It is the most versatile oil that no home should be without!
A great way to apply lavender is to make a lavender mist bottle! Fill a glass spray bottle with 100 ml filtered water and add 10 drops of Young Living Lavender essential oil. Shake and spray the mist on face, hair or in a room. Do not spray to your eyes, so keep eyes closed when spraying!
This can be used as a calming mist, room freshener, mozzie bite soother, skin toner and hydrator, and as a sleep mist when sprayed on pillow before going to bed.
5. Acceptance™ Essential Oil Blend
Acceptance™ stimulates the mind with oils specially blended to promote feelings of accepting ourselves and others, regardless of perceived barriers. It compels us to open and accept new things, people, compliments or money for the services we offer, and time for ourselves.
It also promotes feelings of strength and it helps overcome procrastination and denial.
Acceptance is a blend of
- Neroli – stabilizing and strengthening ot the emotions, promoting peace and confidence
- Sandalwood – stimulates the pineal gland and limbic region in brain, removing negative programming from cells, calming and balancing the emotions
- Blue Tansy – helping to overcome anger and negative emotions
- Rosewood – relaxing and empowering
- Geranium – rub on liver area, where anger and fear are stored
- Frankincense – elevating to the mind
- Almond oil – nutrient for the brain
This blend is sun-sensitive, so do not apply to face! Diffuse, put in bath water or apply over heart, on wrists, behind ears and neck.
6. Release™ Essential Oil Blend
Repressed negative emotions lie at the root of many health concerns. Release blend promotes harmony and balance. It helps to release anger creating emotional well-being. Very powerful emotionally supporting oil.
Release is a blend of
- Ylang ylang – increases relaxation, restores confidence
- Lavandin – tissue regenerator
- Geranium – aroma helps release negative memories, elevating the mind
- Sandalwood – traditionally used in yoga and meditation
- Blue Tansy – combats anger and promotes self-control
- Olive oil – helps nutrients in essential oils to penetrate skin
If you have painful areas in the body which don’t seem to heal with anything, it may be because of emotional pains. Try applying Release blend to those areas. Diffuse, inhale directly, apply over liver. Massage on bottom of feet and behind ears.
7. Stress Away Roll-On™
Stress Away Roll-On is an easy-to-apply blend that brings feelings of peace and tranquility. It helps to relieve daily stress and nervous tension on both adults and children. It also promotes relaxation
Stress Away is a blend of
- Copaiba – relaxing
- Lime – stimulates the tired mind
- Cedarwood – stabilizing and grounding
- Vanilla- reduces cravings
- Ocotea – induces feelings of fullness and completeness
- Lavender – improves concentration
- Coconut oil
> Stress Relief For Busy Business People
One of them is a roll-on, which is handy when you are on the go. You can apply all of them easily anywhere, any time.
Tranquil Roll-on will give you relaxation. Stress Away will be your first defense in stressful situations. Lavender is also great at bed time for a good night’s sleep!
Stress Relief Business Pack includes:
- Stress Away, Roll-On
- Tranquil Roll-On
Instructions how to use these oils are included.
Price: $167 – Free delivery world wide. (Your oils will be posted with in 24-72 hours from your order.)
Relieve your stress NOW and take advantage of this special offer! Available for a limited time only.
To order this special Stress Relief Package, click the PayPal -button below:
Raindrop Technique massage is also a very good way to relax and relieve stress. Having a monthly session is beneficial for mental and emotional as well as physical well-being.
Read more information on the Raindrop Technique here.